Thursday, September 9, 2010

Moving in day

So everyone but the freshmen at my college moved in yesterday. School starts tomorrow. Now typically that wouldn't be an issue even less of an issue at my school of under 1,500. I don't know the plan at a bigger school but we can request a change in bed height and other useless shit that day or any day from maintenance. Because of our small size our maintenance crew is small and usually swamped the first day, so why do we all come on the first day. If we staggered the arrivals, because no grade has more than 400 students, maintenance should be able to handle 400 requests before noon instead of 800+ students in one day. I had to have the carpet in my room removed and everything was moved out and not moved back in. So the other room had 4 beds and 4 desks for two people while my room had nothing for two people. Maintenance got there at 1pm meaning that I couldn't finish unpacking without a desk or bed until 3pm. Just thoughts on maybe a better moving in plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment