Friday, September 10, 2010

Life at night Death in the ER (if you're lucky)

I like the college party just as much as the next person. Unlike the next person I usually remember it the next day. I don't drink beer, because I'm allergic to the barley. Since wine, vodka, and other alcoholic beverages might be fine for pre-gaming I wouldn't spring any money for them unless there was a rotation worked out. Overall I remain sober throughout my entire college life. I've actually never had alcohol to date. I do think that if I eventually join a fraternity I will drink as part of the initiation. While I don't know the "official" dryness of this campus I would guess that it is about 85-98% wet. Most drinking goes on during the evening. Most people drink on Friday and Saturday nights. If you are lucky enough not to have a class or not to have a class until 6th hour (2:40-3:50) then you will also probably drink. Other than that you probably wont drink. In the case of parties it is fashionable to arrive 1hr late and most people are already drunk by that time.
You should not drink overly much when going to a party. Many people can have fun at a college party by being sober. It is one of the few places where you can be crazy and sober at the same time. If you feel pressured to have a beverage fill a water bottle with a non alcoholic drink and drink when you are thirsty, but otherwise go crazy while sober, it's fun, you should try it.

Songs: White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane), The Logical Song (Supertramp)

No comments:

Post a Comment